Are you a Quantity Surveyor seeking progression with successful principal contractor securing significant amounts of work in the South West region on an interesting and varied? The opportunity exists to join a dynamic team with an interesting variety of projects throughout Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.
As Quantity Surveyor you will be joining an established and well-structured team in place at the beginning of a significant infrastructure program to deliver works for a government agency over a 7 year period. As such your development will be well catered for and is likely to lead to accelerated progression to Senior Quantity Surveyor in a measured and considered timeframe. Schemes are priced on NEC4.
In undertaking this role you will be responsible for;
- Monthly applications & cost value reconciliations.
- Quarterly cost and value reconciliations.
- Procurement & administration.
- Measurement of the works (where applicable) & dealing with change.
- Assessing risk and cost monitoring.
The Quantity Surveyor opportunity will be an integral part of the contractor’s regional commercial team working on a key projects in the South West. The commercial team work closely together and are presently utilising home working with team meetings where necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years minimum experience + with Civil infrastructure engineering projects ideally with NEC3 or NEC4 forms of contract.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
There will be flexibility on salary, most important is to recruit the right individual. As a guide salary range of £35,000 to £40,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.