- Posted on:
- Ref: VB298_1552655934
Senior Quantity Surveyor, Building Services. Girling Jones require a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor in the Bristol area to join a progressive, yet established M&E Contractor as they further strengthen their team due a to an ever expanding forward order book. We are representing a leader within the sector, an independent engineering services contractor with a turnover exceeding £500M with a history spanning near on 100 years. Interested yet? Read on.
Day to day,
- We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced M&E Senior Quantity Surveyor, to provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project/s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project/s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting. This role is based from the Bristol offices, covering projects being delivered through the South West of England.
Day to Day,
- Commercial Risk Identification: Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon the business, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project. Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk. Presents to operational teams the risks and T’s & C’s
- Applications for payment / Valuations: Responsible for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE’s / Variations
- Subcontract Management: Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
- Cash Collection Production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business
- Commercial Administration: Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances. Ensure the standard filling system is in place and available with all relevant information
- Internal Reporting Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared. Able to present clear reports
- Final Account Settlement In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis and settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales and settle Subcontractors accounts within internally declared allowances
- Technical: Can demonstrate a full understanding M & E systems and installations
What you’ll need to succeed,
- BSc Building Services Engineering, BSc Commercial Management or equivalent in Commercial / Quantity Surveying
- IOSH Managing Safely – desirable
- CDM Awareness
- MRICS – Desirable
In return, we are offering the chance to join a true leader within the contracting sector joining a developed business with near on 100 years history. Over and above this, you will be offered a leading package.
Interested? Click APPLY and call Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.