Girling Jones are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor ( Painting Division ) to work for one of the UK’s largest privately-owned property services companies and is a leader and pioneer in its field. They are at the forefront of direct delivery for planned refurbishment, responsive repairs and cyclical painting programmes for both the private and public sectors. Always striving to be the property services contractor of choice to our long-term clients, we work with partners in housing, education, retirement living and commercial markets across England and Wales.
I have a fantastic, commercial opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their growing Painting business unit, based in Devon. Due to the continuing growth of the unit, we have multiple contracts across East Devon, ranging from values of £20,000 to £1.5m.
We are committed to ensuring our people achieve a great work life balance, and this role can be completed via a combination of site, remote, and office-based working. Some travel to our clients, and the office based in Plymouth will be required, but we move forward as a business offering hybrid working.
The Quantity Surveyor role:
As a Quantity Surveyor you will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite therefore you are fully involved from tendering and estimating through to final accounts, with the ability to have real impact on our profitability and ultimately our commercial success.
- Measure and prepare cost estimates for contracts and tenders, taking ownership and highlighting any risks
- Taking accountability by managing the pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
- Prepare cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
- Collaborate and work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
- Build strong, honest client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed, by having open conversations
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with estimating/ tendering and measuring experience, essential.
- Experience of successfully managing a value of works collectively of up to £2m or over
- You will be enthusiastic, analytical, organised, and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person’ who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working together’ environment.
- Be part of our company profit share scheme
- Salary- £40,000
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an enhanced employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- Medical and life insurance
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
- Annual pay reviews
- Training and development opportunities
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
If you are interested in applying please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.