Quantity Surveyor – Plymouth
Are you a Quantity Surveyor seeking progression with specialist sub-contractor with a position on a five year reactive works framework valued up to £6M annually? The opportunity exists to join a dynamic team with an interesting variety of projects throughout Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.
You will be joining an established and well-structured team in place at the beginning of a significant framework which keeps on growing. You will be well supported and developed and have the comfort of security on this long term framework to deliver reactive works with scheme value ranging from £50K to £200K p/a. Schemes are priced on NEC4.
In undertaking this role you will be responsible for;
- Monthly applications & cost value reconciliations.
- Quarterly cost and value reconciliations.
- Procurement & administration.
- Measurement of the works (where applicable) & dealing with change.
- Assessing risk and cost monitoring.
The position will be an integral part of the contractor’s regional commercial team working on a key projects in the South West. The commercial tem work closely together and are presently utilising home working with team meetings where necessary.
You will need to demonstrate prior experience ideally within water infrastructure or reactive framework projects in the region but will enjoy an established business delivering a range of prestigious an long term projects bespoke, individually tendered and as part of frameworks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years minimum experience + with Civil infrastructure engineering projects ideally with NEC3 or NEC4 forms of contract.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
There will be flexibility on salary, most important is to recruit the right individual. As a guide salary range of £35,000 to £40,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.