A regional Principal Civil Engineering contractor is seeking to appoint a Section Engineer seeking to develop their career. You will be operating as technical and quality assurance lead on the National Highways – Service Delivery Framework (among others). This contractor has been appointed as first tier principal contractor on Highways Infrastructure schemes across the Southern region (South West & South East). Responsibility will include managing day to day tasks, general site setup and quality assurance.
Experienced should include;
- Setting out for jobs using handheld GPS systems and Leica total station. Taking surveys and plotting detail using CAD software.
- Writing work package plans and completing task briefings with site based teams.
- Representing the civil engineering contractor at meetings with the client to discuss different aspects on the job.
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Site based teams to plan and organise jobs including cost management, procurement and placing orders.
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety and record keeping.
The majority of schemes will be delivered under NEC4 option C with minimum individual value of £300K per scheme. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to progress your career with regular reviews and a track record of this contractor promoting quickly. The value of this framework is £125M over the next 6 years.
If you are seeking a varied position with a regional contractor offering a great team environment and support of a multinational focused on developing and supporting their workforce then please apply. Salary available dependent upon experience in the range of £40K+ (DOE) p/a plus package.
If you are available on a long term freelance basis please do also contact me on 01392 493347 or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.