About the company
CORMAC provides local communities with the essential services for everyday life through a multi-service delivery model, maximising the value and effectiveness of the solutions we provide through our local experience and diverse, locally based resources. Our technical resources enable us to not only to deliver frontline services but to also design the way they are delivered, developing a collaborative relationship with clients and communities to create innovative solutions for service delivery.
CORMAC, operating from three major work bases across the County serves the whole of Cornwall and into Devon, is a C£90M turnover company providing services ranging from Engineering and Technical Services to Fleet Management and Caretaking to Cornwall Council and businesses in Cornwall.
The Engineering Design Group is Cornwall’s largest engineering consultancy, employing over a hundred technical staff. This is a key post that will play a vital role in providing high-level technical support for the company, its clients, suppliers, staff and members of the public. The post holder will also undertake project programming and programme management.
About the role
The Consultancy delivers infrastructure projects into Cornwall to maintain and develop our environment with support from European Convergence funding, Homes and Community Agency funding and other national funding pathways.
The principal element of this role is to undertake the design of Highway Engineering Projects throughout Cornwall and the UK for the Engineering Design Group (EDG). This involves working with Cormac colleagues within EDG, their Partners and the Construction Teams as well as Cornwall Council staff.
- The role is to support highway engineers on various projects you will be involved in Collection and Analysis of data.
- Carry out Site Investigation, Inspection and Technical Surveys
- Producing drawings using CAD / BIM to EDG standards
- Preparing and checking of Technical Reports/ Documents and Presentations
- Ability to support and develop small project teams providing sound professional advice, guidance and direction.
We are seeking candidates with successful and consistent achievements in an engineering design related area. You will have the following skills and attributes:
- A HNC in Civil Engineering or other appropriate subject or significant experience in Highway/Transportation Infrastructure Design and/or Appraisal.
- Membership of professional body at appropriate grade or eligibility to achieve appropriate grade.
- Significant progress towards Incorporated Engineer status or appropriate alternative.
- Significant experience of supervising design and appraisal projects / tasks
- Experience in a transportation, construction or design environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of delivering engineering design projects.
- Evidenced ability and experience of design development and use of design software.
- Knowledge of responsibilities in connection with current CDM regulations
What’s in it for you?
- Normally when people talk about ‘benefits’ they really mean the little extras that make your work life easier and your personal life more rewarding.
- Well, we mean more than that. Our benefits package is complete and includes a support network and training schemes which are already recognised as being first class.
- You receive a competitive salary which is reviewed annually as part of a pay award. Going forward we are introducing a new structure to the way we pay our staff enabling you to benefit from your performance and the contribution you make to the company. We offer a defined contribution pension scheme, so you determine the contribution rate you pay. Whatever the rate, we will pay 6% of pensionable pay into your pension fund.
- Our annual holiday entitlement starts at 23 days rising to 28 days, plus statutory bank holidays pro-rated if you work part-time. We also offer enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave, the option to purchase additional leave and sickness absence provisions
- We want to give you the chance to vary your working patterns as and when circumstances change in your life. We are committed to flexible working, allowing you to make the most of the wonderful Cornish environment as well as enhance your everyday work. When you want more choices than the normal 9-5 pattern allows, there is scope for part-time working, job sharing, and term-time working, as well as evening, weekend work and career breaks”
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.