Senior Building Services Manager – Cardiff, Glamorgan. Cleanroom / Chemical Process / Laboratories experience with a proven history of delivering high value complex projects? Girling Jones are proud to be recruiting for a leader within the UK construction sector, a business behind some of the UK’s most significant projects. We require a Senior Building Services Manager to support and manage a high value project based in South Wales initially whilst having a longer-term career within the region as they continue to expand.
You will have Main Contractor experience, be technically qualified and have prior experience delivering and managing complex building services within laboratories, chemical processing, cleanrooms etc.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Working with Tender and pre-construction teams to make sure client requirements are met and proposals reflect their needs and the contract.
- Making sure all Building services needs are met, reflected in the building and fabric with information delivered in good time.
- Managing the Design, Drawings and approvals process in line with programme.
- Making sure projects comply with building regulations, planning conditions, specifications and Breeam.
- Supporting Planning teams in making sure building services are fully integrated into the delivery programme and execution plans.
- Establishing and managing quality systems to make sure high standards and specifications are met.
- Supporting Site management and Health and safety teams with review of method statements and safe systems of work.
- Monitoring progress against targets and assisting the project management team with making sure specialist contractors resource and approach the project as needed.
- Support the Quantity surveying and commercial teams with review of changes to contract and valuations of the work. This includes making sure changes are properly recorded, instructed where necessary and implications fully understood.
- Managing the commissioning process and training to make sure all systems operate as design, design and validation teams are satisfied and building users trained in operation.
- Attending client progress and technical meetings and chairing specialist design, progress and commissioning meetings.
In return, we are offering a very attractive package whilst giving the opportunity to progress and develop further as the region takes off.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information on this and many more varied positions within the services sector.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.