Senior Commercial Manager required to take responsibility for Secure Infrastructure Facilities Management (TFM) contract covering sites in the Midlands and North of England.
Key focuses will be to implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost so as to support the development and maintenance of the Contract.
* Leading the commercial aspects of a large TFM Contact (including extensive additional/ project works) in the North and Midlands.
* Working alongside the Account Director, you will lead the Commercial Team to manage all commercial and contractual matters.
* Lead or provide commercial support to deliver good P&L results to a value of c£140m p.a.
* Drive consistency of good valuation/commercial/procurement processes both pre and post Contract
* Supporting contract commercial team with cost control of project including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager; production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager
* Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process to deliver robust commercial solutions in bids
* Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
* Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows
* Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
* Develop sub-contractor category & engagement strategies and align our supply chain in support of our customer needs and aspirations
* Work with key supply chain companies
* Developing and implementing arrangements for increasing the awareness and competence of staff in supply chain management best practices
* Contribute to supply chain thinking across the Secure Infrastructure Division, transferring best practice and contributing to wider initiatives where appropriate
Degree qualified (RICS accredited or equivalent), or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role with major infrastructure providers.
* Substantial experience in Senior Commercial leadership at a senior level
* Experience high volume, low value TFM Contracts and Project/Additional Works
* Experience of the Procurement of a robust and cost-effective Supply Chain.
* Experience of leading high performing teams.
* A professional qualification is preferred.
Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are essential, and the role will require strong skills in managing a range of stakeholder relationships.
- £70,000 – £75,000 pa
- Company Car / Allowance (£6k pa)
- Annual performance related Bonus (10%)
- Pension (8%)
- Single person Medical Cover
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.