Are you a Senior Estimator with a minimum of 5 years infrastructure experience?, are you seeking an opportunity to become part of a successful, reputable and privately owned progressive infrastructure contractor dominating the South West sectors? You will be working alongside other members of the Preconstruction & Estimating Team, responsible for supporting the successful preparation, development and coordination of tender submissions within major subcontract and principal contract highways & infrastructure schemes.
This Senior Estimator opportunity is an exciting chance to join a contractor at the busiest time in their long history. The business has been successful securing key positions on national frameworks, major projects and with bespoke high network individuals. Typical project values will range anywhere from £500K to £60M They can offer development and progression and have a number of examples demonstrating future career progression within the business;
Key Senior Estimator responsibilities include;
- Supporting the Estimating team across all estimating functions.
- Estimate projects from first principles to produce a take-off and pricing by building up rates from labour, plant and material rates.
- Manage resources, produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
- Assist with tender administration and document control.
- Update of tender documents ensuring all information is up to date.
- Completion of tender enquiry documentation, and submission in line with identified deadlines.
Senior Estimator experience and Qualifications:
- Good experience of standard MS Office / word processing packages including the use of MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel or similar;
- Good experience of IT based document storage systems and databases
- Ideally a formal qualification within Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- Competent skills and ability to work and liaise with teams including clients, design team, supply chain and internally;
As a Senior Estimator you will be well supported and have exposure to some industry leading schemes within a business which continues to consistently hit key milestones in their development. Basic salary dependant on experience from £60K to £70K p/a plus package. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.