Are you a Senior Planner considering new opportunities to join the regions A Team both in terms of projects and team make up? Does working for a privately owned multi billion t/o contractor delivering civil engineering and construction services across a range of sectors including highways, building, environment and marine sound of interest? This is a regional contractor with many years of work ahead in Plymouth, South Devon.
As Senior Planner you will be working within the specialist marine civil engineering division supporting a the operational teams on complex delivery of more than £50M+ program of works initially over the next four years – the scope is already expanding!. Technical aspects of this large infrastructure upgrade program of works will include subways, hydro dams, buildings, piling and many more all with their own complexities. You will ideally have prior main contractor experience within a marine/environmental framework environment of heavy civils.
Senior Planner responsibilities will include:
- Production of plans and programmes to determine construction sequences from “first principles” with assistance from the project delivery teams.
- Co-ordination of input from all multi-disciplinary departments into the programme.
- Working closely with all project partners including client and specialist civils sub-contractor throughout the lifetime of the project scheme.
- Developing and progressing programmes with site teams, introducing mitigation measures where required.
- Liaison with site teams regarding input into programme development.
- Collation of progress information and production of progress reporting.
- Updating and maintaining programs in line with Change Control procedure.
Given the size and variety of sectors and opportunities within this contractor you need look no further for challenge, role satisfaction and career development.
A professional civil engineering qualification and prior experience programming significant civil engineering projects with Primavera P6 is ideal. Salary range will be £60,000 to £75, 000 plus package. Position also open for contract outside IR35 up to £500 per day. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.