Girling Jones is recruiting a Senior Premises Manager, reporting to the DFM/FM, to take responsibility for the supervision of the site-based Premises Managers across the Bristol PFI and South West area. As part of this role, you will be required to work flexible hours and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business.
Duties for the Senior Premises Manager
- Overseeing and undertaking Planned Preventative Maintenance and completion of the appropriate paperwork and reports.
* Overseeing and undertaking reactive and emergency tasks including completion of the associated paperwork.
* Line management responsibility for a team of Premises Managers/ skilled operatives.
* Working in partnership with the Helpdesk to ensure that resources are allocated correctly.
* Being part of a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
* Cover Premises Manager’s absence.
* Assisting the team when required or as directed from the Facilities Manager.
* Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales and works are audited where required.
* Contract auditing, ensuring that Best Practice and quality of service are being achieved for cleaning, catering, grounds and maintenance.
* Management and overall management responsibility of of-site based BAM FM employees including appraisal, training, and discipline.
* Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures.
* Ensure that all BAM FM policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered too
* Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
* Assist the co-ordination of Life Cycle projects and involvement with condition surveys
* Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
* Adopting a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the BAM FM portfolio.
* Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Understanding and completing all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
* Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
* Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
* Ensure that detailed records are created for the statutory testing, inspections and record keeping.
* Responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures.
- Experience of electrical/mechanical and/or building maintenance, (where applicable).
* An understanding of PFI Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ability to interpret management information.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Supervisory management experience
* Experience in employee related issues
* Proactive approach.
* Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults and prioritise tasks
* Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
* Computer literate and competent in using electronic devices (Knowledge of Concept desirable)
* Full UK Drivers licence
* Excellent customer service skills
* An enhanced DBS check will be required
* Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What’s in it for you?
- £32-£33,000 Salary
- Benefit package
- Ongoing training
If you are interested please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.