Qualifications and Skills Required:
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or natural science related discipline such as geology, engineering geology, environmental science or physical geography in conjunction with a minimum of four years relevant industry experience.
* Preferred: MSc or MSci – Geology / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science (not essential).
* Extensive Phase I and Phase II investigation experience including supervision of ground investigation subcontractors. * Experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive assessment).
* Experience in completing Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments (DQRA). * Sound understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation
* A full, clean, UK driving license.
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
* Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and solution-orientated approach.
* Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients / the public.
* A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland, and work away when required.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the confidence to interact effectively with clients and to the public at an appropriate technical and commercial level as required
* Ability to write technically sound and commercially focused proposals and interpretive reports with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work in a safe manner and observe the company’s (and site) health, safety and environment rules and procedures
* Ability to work autonomously whilst managing the needs of the wider team
* Manage, train and mentor junior staff
Main duties will include:
* Responsible for the overall project management and timely delivery of projects ensuring agreed budgets and delivery deadlines are met
* Project budgeting and invoicing, ensuring deadlines and targets are met in line with Client service level agreements
* Prepare technically sound and commercially focused proposals, scopes of work and reports
* Responsible for robust fieldwork data gathering on all projects as required and in a safe manner, observing health, safety and environment rules and procedures.
* Maintaining project communication on appropriate technical and commercial levels to a diverse range of clients, regulators and homeowners.
* Writing and reviewing of technically sound and commercially focused proposals and reports with minimal supervision. * Highly motivated and adaptable with solution orientated approach.
* Manage, train and mentor junior members of staff.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.