Main Contractor QSS sought, NEC 3 contract knowledge essential! Senior Quantity Surveyor sought, Plymouth. Girling Jones require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team overseeing delivery of a variety of works within a secure facility in Plymouth.
You will be joining a national Engineering Services provider within excess of 100 years history delivery complex MEP projects across the UK turning over £500M +. You will be joining a structured commercial team, leading commercially on the delivery of a variety of large schemes within a secure facility in Plymouth.
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Identify, qualify and management the agreement process of any changes to the businesses contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission, and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project lifecycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub-contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Significant experience of responsibility for the commercial aspects of medium to large MEP Building Services projects. (It is essential that you have a proven building service engineering background)
- Relevant BSC / degree / equivalent in commercial management / Building Services Engineering (or willingness to work towards)
- NEC contract knowledge would be preferable
In return, we are offering up to £68,000 (dependant on experience) with a package there on to include car allowance / car, holidays, medical etc.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.