Senior Quantity Surveyor – Exeter
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor seeking progression with successful principal contractor securing significant amounts of work in the South West? The opportunity exists to join a dynamic team with an interesting variety of projects throughout Devon, Somerset and Cornwall.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be joining an established and well-structured team in place at the beginning of a significant infrastructure program to deliver multiple highways scheme. The schemes are being constructed on NEC3 target cost with the majority of work being self-delivered minimising the headache of managing external sub-contractors.
In undertaking this role you will be responsible for;
- Monthly applications & cost value reconciliations.
- Quarterly cost and value reconciliations.
- Procurement & administration.
- Measurement of the works (where applicable) & dealing with change.
- Assessing risk and cost monitoring.
Working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be an integral part of the contractor’s regional commercial team working initially on these key projects in the South West.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years minimum experience + within Civils infrastructure ideally.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
There will be flexibility on salary, most important is to recruit the right individual. As a guide salary range of £50,000 to £65,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension, car allowance, healthcare, and other additional benefits.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.