Senior Quantity Surveyor – Plymouth, Devon
Are you tired of the long commute and interesting in working closer to home? Does the backdrop of a £4BN T/O infrastructure contractor involved in a range of specialist sectors including Energy, Water & Environment, Defence & Marine sectors appeal?
This specialist contractor has been appointment a position on a framework to undertake multiple construction phases in Devonport Dockyard, involving detailed marine and infrastructure improvements & refurbishments. The first of which will be to re-construct core areas of the dockyard including elements of infrastructure upgrade.
You will be taking responsibility for planned phases of work as part of a regional team including client and project management at the beginning of a substantial program. Ideally you will have related heavy civils commercial experience and take interest in civils infrastructure around the marine sector.
Works will be phased and in packages of up to £15M under NEC4 contract. Technical areas will include of sheet piling, concrete works, road construction, revetments & rock armour, cathodic protection, and associated infrastructure.
Core responsibilities will include;
- Reviewing tender documentation to ensure terms agreed are suitable, risks identified and mitigations implemented
- Producing accurate, timely commercial project reports, forecasting and change control.
- Procurement of subcontractors, negotiation and financial accounting
- Ensure the commercial risks identified at tender stage are carried through post-contract and delivery
- Supervising the performance of the commercial aspects of projects, preparing interim valuations and agreeing final accounts.
An excellent benefits package and basic salary on offer in the region of £55,000 p/a plus package. For more information please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or click to apply.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.