Senior Quantity Surveyor sought, Bristol / Reading. Girling Jones require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to oversee delivery of a large, MoD scheme in the Salisbury region. We require a Senior Quantity Surveyor ideally with MEP experience; however we would consider main building contractor backgrounds too. The Salisbury scheme has circa 6 months remaining on site, as such the appointed SQS will be absorbed into the businesses Bristol or Reading offices.
Day to day,
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for implementing best commercial practices to maintain and maximise the profitability and financial performance of the project by; minimising costs, managing cash-flow, mitigating risks, managing variations and claims all to provide a smooth transition into agreement of the business and their supply chains final accounts. All to be presented back to the business through accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Where relevant, manage and coach any Quantity Surveyors or Assistant Quantity Surveyors
- Review and interpret contract terms and conditions, identifying and mitigating risks and enhancing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of the contract, liaise with the project teams on project status
- Identify, qualify and management the agreement process of any changes to contractual obligations
- Take responsibility for the cash flow forecasting, submission and receipt of payments
- Monitor and forecast costs and revenue through project life cycle
- Assist with procurement and management of sub contractors
- Provide accurate reporting of costs, projections, contingency, liabilities, sales and margins
- Develop and maintain positive long term relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the project team and Commercial manager, negotiate the settlement of the final account and facilitate sign off
- Ensure all necessary records and reports are generated and maintained
- Assist in any dispute resolution process.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Significant experience of responsibility for the commercial aspects of MEP / building services or main build projects
- Relevant BSC / degree / equivalent commercial management / quantity surveying qualification
- Due to the nature of work on this project you will need to be able to obtain security clearance once in the role, therefore you will need to be a British citizen, and not have worked outside the UK for the last 5 years.
What you’ll get in return,
- Competitive salary (circa £68,000 +), Car allowance (£5,300), competitive pension,25 days annual leave, medical, 9-day fortnight. We are able to offer flexible working too with the option to work remotely two days a week.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please APPLY now with a full CV and salary expectations and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for a confidential discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.