Senior Quantity Surveyor sought, Hinkley Point C. Girling Jones require a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join a client of ours within the MEH Alliance delivering one of Europe’s largest construction projects.
Hinkley Point ‘C’ (HPC) is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the first of the UK’s next generation of nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity. Its successful delivery will be reliant, not only on innovative engineering and construction, but also on the ability of the whole HPC team to work collaboratively and efficiently towards one shared milestone – Commercial Operation. Our client are one of five JV Partners delivering the mechanical and electrical elements of this exciting project.
The main duties will include:
- Oracle R12: preparation of multiple Applications for Payment, Invoices, and CVRs for BBK and BBBJV; creation of subcontract orders and management of same including order amendment and variation instruction.
- NEC4 Audit: support the regular audit of cost by the Client on this NEC 4 Alliance Contract based project which is a cost plus overhead and incentive based ‘Form of Contract’.
- Works Task Order risk & value management, cost control and change management. Working with Works Task Order Project Managers and their multi-disciplinary teams.
- CEMAR: identify and manage change via CEMAR and in keeping with project CEMAR etiquette and Change Management Database, including pricing change.
- Technical knowledge: experience of industrial electrical installations preferable; with awareness of mechanical, HVAC, painting, thermal insulation and scaffolding trades.
- Liaise with other Functions as required: Estimating, Procurement, Engineering, Logistics & Construction in support of risk & value management, cost control and change management.
- Support and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Degree in relevant discipline (or equivalent experience in the nuclear sector &/or other high-hazard industries)
- Relevant professional Accreditation (RICS, ACostE)
- Proven Mechanical / Electrical or building services experience
- Proven track record in large scale projects, preferably in the nuclear or similar regulated sector
- Experienced in facilitating client audit of Defined Cost and providing record / cost vouch
- Experienced in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment would be preferred
- Experienced in use of Oracle R12; and preferably familiar with CEMAR, Sharepoint and BC
In return, we are offering a competitive package to include a generous uplift if working away from home, 25 days annual leave, car / allowance, pension (up to 8%), medical, etc there on whilst working on a large, complex scheme.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further details
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.