Senior Quantity Surveyor – Plymouth
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor seeking an opportunity to take the lead commercially within an established Infrastructure contractor?
Operating at Senior Quantity Surveyor level you will be developing key relationships on a large portfolio of planned works over the next 5 – 10 years. Leading on several schemes, some at ECI/ECC phase leading into circa £60M p/a t/o of construction projects.
Further responsibilities will include issuing early warning notices, capturing compensation events, CVR’s and PQQ assessments predominantly on the water rehabilitation contract (competitively tendered framework contractors). So far commercial input has been handled by the vastly experienced operational team, this is your opportunity to take on the role whilst others can continue to focus on growing the business.
You will take the lead and have an enthusiastic trainee/AQS in situ.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years minimum experience + with Civil infrastructure engineering projects ideally with NEC3 or NEC4 forms of contract.
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- Excellent Negotiating Skills and developing client relationships.
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering working methods.
- Full UK driving licence.
There will be flexibility on salary, most important is to recruit the right Senior Quantity Surveyor. As a guide salary range of £55,000 to £65,000 p/a plus extensive package including pension and car allowance.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.