Senior Quantity Surveyor / Managing Surveyor sought, Plymouth / South West. Girling Jones are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Managing Surveyor to oversee multiple projects across Devon & Cornwall. Joining a progressive contractor with a considerable history of delivering projects nationally, you will be joining both a stable, yet progressive business seeking further commercial support in the South West based onsite in Plymouth offering flexible working / living allowance if working away from home.
You’re new business,
- Progressive mechanical and electrical building services contractor overseeing projects ranging in value from £200,000 upward of £5M MEP value. The business are steeped in history and a prominent MEP contracting business. As much as our client are an MEP business we do not require MEP experience, we are open to various backgrounds (build / civils etc) and ideally require NEC contract knowledge.
Day to day,
- Compile robust enquiries and analyse quotations / tenders for review with the team and produce Sub Contract orders for Sub-contractors
- Analyse all possible opportunities to improve procurement arrangements to effect contract savings
- Submission of monthly applications for payment ensuring that they are maximised whilst being realistic and made on time
- Ensure all variations are realised, produced, claimed and agreed (in writing) – ensure that no extra works take place without a written instruction in line with the requirements of the terms and conditions of contract
- Attend to and action all contractual issues with the client in agreement with the Commercial Manager
- Resolve contractual issues with supply chain wherever possible
- Ensure that all cash is collected on time
- Produce CRS reports monthly on time without exception taking ownership for the GAP between tendered and required margins – ensure that the true position is reported at all times
- Ensure the maintain all relevant records during the course of the Projects
- Management of Sub-Contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast final accounts and contractual correspondence
- Attend regular meetings with client to ensure account agreement is progressed
- Attend monthly accounts meetings with the Commercial Manager
- Ensure extensions of time are properly claimed in accordance with the Contract terms (with the support of the Commercial Manager)
- Production of claims for loss and expense, acceleration etc. (with the support of the Commercial Manager)
- Production of final accounts for agreement with the Client
- Ensure that retention release is applied for as soon as possible after the issue of practical completion and final completion of projects and ensure payment is released
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Understanding of technical and measurement functions
- Graduate calibre, must have a recognised qualification within Quantity Surveying (Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying etc)
- A proven history as an M&E Quantity Surveyor
- Contract terms and condition knowledge to include NEC and JCT contracts
- Ideally be a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- A team player who uses the ability to identify faults or problems in a proactive and constructive way
In return, we are offering a competitive package dependant on experience to include a company car / allowance, generous annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to join a stable, yet progressive business.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.