Senior Quantity Surveyor required to take up permanent role supporting public building projects managing packages of works up to £5m in value from tender through to delivery; many of which are complex across the Counties of Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire.
* Ensure NEC3 contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, advising and supporting as required, and deliver change management
* Attend Risk Meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes
* Identify business priorities and to plan work effectively, by building controls and milestones
* Support Service Delivery and Additional Services to incorporate sustainable solutions and support the Sustainability programme incorporating the reduction of the carbon footprint and the reduction of utility consumption across the built estate
* Assist Commercial Managers with dispute avoidance and any dispute resolution
* Management and resolution of queries submitted by Supply Chain regarding Core Services pricing
* Maintain commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets
* Monitor and review Supply Chain performance
* Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy
* Assist in the development and implementation of commercial risk management procedures
* Assist Commercial Manager in monitoring and presenting monthly cost reports as required
* Carry out adjudications for Additional Services as per delegated authority
The successful candidate will have strong QS / Commercial work experience, ideally from within a public buildings or hard service FM & Maintenance background.
* Commercial experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
* Developing cost models
* Risk Analysis & Management
* Preparation of work proposals/tenders
* Dispute resolution
* Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
* Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Fraud prevention
* Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
* Experience of operating in a military environment
* Experience of working on complex, multi- site operations
* Knowledge of BS11000 Collaborative
* Familiarity of NEC3 contracting requirements
* Ability to motivate local team through clear, effective direction, delegation, decision making and strive for excellence in personal and team objectives
* Plan resources effectively, set clear objectives and monitor to ensure milestones and targets are met
Apply today so as to discuss further.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.