Purpose of the role:
To work effectively as a Senior REVIT Modeler taking responsibility for the production of the 3D models carried out on our projects while helping other Revit users. Fully using your communication skills to establish good relationships with your colleagues and providing quality within your drawings.
* 3D Modeling: Producing 3D models of the superstructure and foundations, 2D modelling of the existing ground levels and drainage to derive structural plans, section and details following the structural design principles established by the structural engineers, the general arrangements drawings set out by the architects or our clients while using the current templates where appropriate. With the help of a senior engineer, you should be able to produce preliminary, tender and construction package. Make sure that a colleague checks your work, learn from those comments and respond positively to comments made on your drawings as well as revising them prior to issue.
* Project management: Communicate regularly and effectively with Senior Structural Engineers and stay on top of all drafting issues. Efficiently manage your workload, discuss/agree with your colleagues on the project deadlines and work towards meeting them each and every time. Be in contact with our subcontractors (drainage engineer, CAD technician, reinforcement detailing) for a successful completion of the projects. Be aware of the correspondence with the client and help the main structural engineers with his client’s responsibilities.
* Technical expertise: Use Revit confidently
* Time management: work to the deadline, do your timesheet and review the project budgets with the project engineer. The above are the main responsibilities of the role; it is likely that other work will be required in supporting the growth of the business and that the role will develop over time to suit RISE changing needs
Experience and skills to be successful in the role:
Technical / practical
1. Competence in drawing plans, sections details using CAD and REVIT
2. Competence with use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Google e-mail and calendar; PDF.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.