Cardiff University has made a £300m investment in its campus…..and you could be a part of it!
We are excited to be working with a hugely successful construction company known for delivering some of the most technically innovative and challenging projects across the UK and the world. With a strong corporate culture, their values reflect how they operate with Respect, Excellence, Courage, Integrity and Passion
An ambitious development plan for a new campus on the Maindy Road site will transform an area of Cardiff from a disused, former industrial space into a range of state-of-the-art facilities
Reporting into the Project Manager, this Senior Site Manager role will be managing the Internals Package of the project
Key Responsibilities Include
- To plan, organise, control and coordinate the package or section of the project to a satisfactory and safe completion
- To implement and where instructed to develop the Project Management Plan as contained within the Project Management Manual
- To mark up the project programme on a weekly basis.
- To review daily the weekly work plan and brief trade supervision on action required.
- To ensure that works are not started before Risk Assessments, Task Safety Plans and Method Statements are issued and agreed, issued and communicated by the sub-contractor
- To ensure that all activities critical to the success of the site are executed, managed and delivered to the agreed programme and standards required to achieve the aims of the project team.
- Where appropriate to chair, attend and record regular site briefing meetings and site safety meetings will all personnel under your control on site to ensure effective two-way communications.
- At least 10 years experience managing internal packages of large scale projects
- Construction related degree preferred
- NEC3 Option A/C Form of contract administration
- IT Literate, Document control and use of collaborative shared platforms (4P)
In return for your commitment and hard work, this company will offer above market basic salaries as well as 26 days annual leave, pension scheme, life insurance, Private medical insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, and more!
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.