This Site Engineer opportunity sits within the specialist civil engineering division of this Principal Contractor delivering a range of civil engineering schemes for a number of framework clients. In particular schemes on behalf of the Environment Agency and its vast network of assets and planned development and upgrades throughout the South West. Project values typically range from £300K to £20M.
Key Site Engineering responsibilities will include;
- Assisting in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Providing engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsibility for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
- Ensuring workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
- Assisting in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding.
- Leading input on Safety, Health and Environmental Management Systems and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
Prior engineering experience and the appetite to develop your skills and lead engineering onsite essential. This framework has the benefit of confirmed annual spend and the ability to lead, mentor and develop more junior members of the team which will in itself support your own growth and progression. Salary between £37,500 to £42,500 plus package.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.