Due to an increase in mechanical and electrical projects, Girling Jones are working with a business that are looking to expand their team and appoint a Small Works Supervisor / Project Supervisor in Exeter.
I am seeking candidates with a mechanical or electrical background, previous experience supervising project delivery, or working site supervisors looking to take the next step to a more managerial position.
You will work alongside managers, support staff and clients to deliver multiple mechanical and electrical projects including installations, refurbishments, and reactive and planned maintenance – on time, within budget and to a high quality, meeting all client expectations.
- Preparing quotes and estimates – ensuring that they are submitted in a timely manner and the clients’ requirements have been met.
- Understand and deliver contracts, managing the resources required to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Supervision of various projects, ensuring works are undertaken safely and in accordance with the H&S policy, scope, specification and current legislations.
- Highlight any variations required (both admission and omissions) ensuring they are approved before taking place.
- Ensure information is communicated effectively between operatives, office staff and clients (Quotes, Job specs, programme of works, timesheets, service sheets, job reports).
- Previous experience within the construction industry, with a Mechanical or electrical background
- Minimum NVQ3 or equivalent
- SSSTS is preferable but not essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Good understanding of H&S legislation
- Ability to write RAMS
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good at problem solving & decision-making”
- £37,000 Salary
- Company Vehicle and Phone
- 20 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
If you are interested and Available please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.