Maintenance/Small Works Manager required to take up permanent role working on prestigious MoD site in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. You will be responsible for managing and ensuring the supply chain are delivering works to time, specification and budget.
Managing and taking responsibility for coordinating maintenance work and multiple small works (up to £25k)
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the planned and reactive maintenance across the site.
- Delivery of small works as required (up to £15k – £25K)
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining excellent relations with the subcontractors on site to ensure they are performing.
- A key duty will be driving the contractors to deliver works to time, specification and budget.
- You will be responsible for client management and be their point of contact on site.
- You will also manage project work as required (Small works)
- Responsible for Health & Safety across the site
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Write technical specifications for projects and response work
- All other duties as reasonably required
- Relevant qualifications in a Mechanical and/or Electrical (M&E) or Building/Construction/Surveying (B&CE) (or equivalent experiential experience) – (HNC or equivalent)
- Experience running multiple maintenance works and small works (up to £15-£25k)
- You must have technical knowledge, competency of FM, Building Services and infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- You must have the ability to write technical specifications for projects and response works.
- Management level qualification in health and safety (SMSTS, IOSH etc.)
- IT Literate
- Excellent leadership and management skills with experience managing subcontractors ensuring they deliver work to the correct standard and timescales
- Management of a safe system of work
- Significant practical experience in an FM, Building Services or similar environment.
- Flexible with travel
- Full UK Driving Licence
Apply today so as to discuss further.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.