Our client is an integrated design company focused on transforming construction through digital design and developing off-site manufactured building systems. As leaders in the design, specification, and selection of off-site modular systems, we focus on high-quality buildings delivered at a predictable cost, in less time, and with less resource. We believe that the best Structural Engineering solutions are provided by integrating the required organisation of space, form, and function together with the Architecture that is expressed, and by the processes by which structures are manufactured. Working in established and emerging markets in the UK and overseas, we aim to deliver higher performing buildings that are economically, socially and environmentally sustainable, and elegantly made.
When developing new building systems, we set out to answer three fundamental questions:
- What is desirable?
- What is feasible?
- What is viable?
You will work as part of the team supporting the Directors AND Senior Staff with our client in providing excellent DMA that delivers our Clients’ expectations in terms of functionality, quality, cost and delivery. Equally, It is important that you are able to work on your own and take responsibility for your own workload. This is a key role in support of the Director – Structures and Senior Staff, and you will work as part of the team preparing, and developing calculations and drawings, to support final structural solutions.
- Support the Directors and Senior Staff in the design and development of modular buildings and building systems including the production of calculations, technical drawings, and modelling.
- Work to APPLY design procedures and use relevant project information to produce accurate design for manufacture and assembly information.
- Identify and resolve conflicts in information from diverse project team sources
- Produce accurate structural modular designs, schedules, drawings, specifications
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of Building Regulation Approved Documents, British and European Standards, Codes of Practice, BIM procedures and good working practices
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the CDM Regulations
- Work with other members of the Clients’ design teams, under the guidance of the Directors
- Work within the internal project teams to agreed programmes and schedules
- Check all information produced for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Represent our client in all interactions with Clients
- Develop and provide modular design expertise and influence
- In conjunction with the Directors and Senior staff, work within the team to interpret, influence and optimise architectural / structural designs for modular manufacture
- Work constructively to ensure timely, clear and accurate communication of information with APPLY team members, Clients, Contractors and Consultants
- Develop structural knowledge in modular building systems and off-site technologies
- Keep up to date with developments in off-site manufacture and assembly techniques. Achieve targeted measures of performance
- Deliver information on time and in full to agreed programmes
- Assist the Directors and Senior Staff in delivering to agreed programmes
- Deliver all design in accordance with HS&E requirements
- Under the guidance of the Directors, optimise design to achieve quality, cost and environmental targets.
Required Qualities and Skills:
- Have good knowledge of structural engineering principles and good practice.
- Experience in structural elements design
- Working knowledge of Revit and Revit Family creations.
- Working knowledge of latest version of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Knowledge of Structural Design to Eurocodes.
- Have experience in the design and use of timber, and light gauge steel technologies.
- Have a genuine interest in the development of offsite and modular solutions and technologies.
- 3D modelling and analysis of strcutres D
Desirable Qualities and Skills:
- Working within a Team
- Some understanding of Building Regulations and British Standards
- An interest in sustainable design.
- Awareness of CDM Regulations.
- HND in Civil / Structural Engineering, with an emphasis on structural element design, as a minimum, or
- Civil / Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering degree or equivalent, with a structural engineering emphasis. Based in Bristol, the role includes some travel within UK
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.