Girling Jones have an amazing vacancy for a Supplier Development Lead to join on the MEH Alliance, working on the Hinkley Point C project. The Supplier Development Lead is required to support the manufacture of Mechanical, Electrical & HVAC (MEH) items supplied to the Hinkley Point C (HPC) construction site through the development and continuous improvement of suppliers within the HPC supply chains. At all times ensuring compliance to Business and Regulator requirements, identifying opportunities to support the formation of robust, capable, and assured suppliers as well as leading programme based improvement plans.
We are working across both Hinkley Point C units to deliver the infrastructure that will power the station and its operations, creating 1,000 jobs including many specialist engineers. Works include the design and installation of circa 76,000 cables totalling over 3,000km in length; over 180km of cable containment support systems; fire and environmental sealing; design and installation of earthing systems, and specialist packages associated with data acquisition and plant control.
- Work with Quality Audit Team in supplier assessments pre-contract and post contract, identifying opportunities for capability developments and performance improvement.
- Build relationships with designated supplier leadership teams to influence improvement activities within the supplier and to promote continuous improvement
- Effectively manage and be responsible for supplier development plans
- Collect and analyse data and information on allocated suppliers’ performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Conduct improvement projects to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of a process by applying the appropriate improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma etc).
- Train and coach suppliers to improve aspects of their business performance.
- Assist problem solving / corrective action teams by cross-functional coordination between the client, supplier, engineering and other stakeholders.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- You will have significant working knowledge of supplier development and improvement for a technical programme within the Supply Chain or Project environment.
- Knowledge of working to UK and international standards and codes of practice for the UK Nuclear sector.
- Major Project Experience
- Experience of dealing with very large and diverse supply chain routes
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry, preferably nuclear
- £78,000 Competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required.
- Company car or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
If you are interested in the role please click ‘Apply now’
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.