Supplier Relationship Manager, Bridgwater. Girling Jones are delighted to once again be supporting a client of ours embedded within the MEH Alliance delivering mechanical, electrical and plumbing services within Hinkley Point C. We require a Supplier Relationship / Development Manager to join the team.
The Supplier Development Lead is required to support the manufacture of Mechanical, Electrical & HVAC (MEH) items supplied to the Hinkley Point C (HPC) construction site through the development and continuous improvement of suppliers within the HPC supply chains. At all times ensuring compliance to Business and Regulator requirements, identifying opportunities to support the formation of robust, capable, and assured suppliers as well as leading programme based improvement plans.
- Work with Quality Audit Team in supplier assessments pre-contract and post contract, identifying opportunities for capability developments and performance improvement.
- Build relationships with designated supplier leadership teams to influence improvement activities within the supplier and to promote continuous improvement
- Effectively manage and be responsible for supplier development plans
- Collect and analyse data and information on allocated suppliers’ performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Conduct improvement projects to improve the efficiency or effectiveness of a process by applying the appropriate improvement tools (Lean, Six Sigma etc).
- Train and coach suppliers to improve aspects of their business performance.
- Assist problem solving / corrective action teams by cross-functional coordination between the client, supplier, engineering and other stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- You will have significant working knowledge of supplier development and improvement for a technical programme within the Supply Chain or Project environment.
- Major Project Experience
- Experience of dealing with very large and diverse supply chain routes
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry, preferably nuclear
- We are able to offer a competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required. (Circa £77,000 per annum basic)
- Company car or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
Click APPLY for further information or contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.