Our client is an integrated design company focused on transforming construction through digital design and developing off-site manufactured building systems. We believe that the best design is delivered by integrating the organisation of space, form and function together with the structure that holds it up, and the process by which it’s made. Manufacturing processes are transforming the delivery of new buildings. Our knowledge and experience of available technologies enables us to develop designs that are optimised for the most sustainable production methods.
Working in established and emerging markets in the UK and overseas, we aim to deliver higher performing buildings that are economically, socially and environmentally sustainable, and elegantly made. As leaders in the design, specification and selection of off-site modular systems, we focus on design for off-site manufacture and on-site assembly, promoting innovation and sustainable development.
When developing new building systems, we set out to answer three fundamental questions:
- What is desirable?
- What is feasible?
- What is viable?
If you are a creative, talented, and ambitious designer, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us in our Bristol office at Paintworks. This is a key role in support of the Director – Innovation, and you will work as part of the team preparing, developing and editing drawings, models, images and other design information.
- Produce efficient and well-structured coordinated models, data and drawings that comply with APPLY quality standards, in Revit.
- Work to APPLY design procedures and use relevant project information to produce accurate design for manufacture and assembly information.
- Communicate effectively with the project team and Directors.
- Identify and resolve conflicts in information from diverse project team sources.
- Where appropriate, monitor manufacturing and/or construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specification.
- Maintain a good understanding of Building Regulation Approved Documents, British and European Standards, Codes of Practice, BIM procedures and good working practices.
- Maintain a good understanding of the CDM Regulations.
- Work with other members of the Clients’ design teams, under the guidance of the Directors.
- Coordinate activity with agreed programmes and schedules.
- Check all information produced for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Represent our client in all interactions with Clients.
- Provide modular design expertise and influence.
- Work with internal and external design team to interpret, influence and optimise architectural / structural designs for modular manufacture.
- Work constructively to ensure timely, clear and accurate communication of information with our clients team members, Clients, Contractors and Consultants.
- Work with the Lead Design Engineer and other project stakeholders to ensure a smooth workflow and production of Revit models, data transfer and project documentation. * Keep up to date with developments in off-site manufacture and assembly techniques. Achieve targeted measures of performance: * Deliver information on time and in full to agreed programmes.
- Assist the Director – Innovation in setting and delivering agreed programmes.
- Deliver all design in accordance with CDM requirements.
- Under the guidance of the Director – Innovation, optimise design to achieve quality, cost and environmental targets.
Required Qualities and Skills:
- Strong design skills and good understanding of off-site manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of Building Regulation Approved Documents, British and European Standards, Codes of Practice, BIM procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Revit and Revit Family creations.
- Experience working on complex and large-scale projects.
- Working knowledge of latest version of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Previous experience of large-scale projects in Autodesk Revit and associated technologies. Desirable Qualities and Skills:
- 5 years post graduate experience working in an architectural / engineering design environment.
- Comfortable leading teams to provide excellent design for manufacture and assembly.
- Ambitious, task orientated, team player, with a passion for excellent customer service.
- Architectural / Environmental Design / Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Diploma / Master of Architecture degree or equivalent.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.