Technical Manager (electrical bias) sought, Reading. Girling Jones require a Technical Manager to join a progressive building services contractor based out of their Reading offices. This is a regional position overseeing various, multiple projects. This is a permanent offering, seeking an electrically biased Technical Manager, with strong design background, to join the team based in Reading.
Day to day,
- In this role you will lead, own and manage the technical risk and opportunities within the business, from inception through to project completion, and client handover, focusing on design optimisation, opportunity identification, and mitigation of technical risk. You will ensure technical compliance with works information, scope, project specification and legislation, undertaking technical management of both internal and external designs. You will be involved in a range of MEP Building Services across Reading and the surrounding region for a range of public and private sector clients.
- Lead the technical engineering management on internally and externally designed projects to successful completion, ensuring best value design, management of opportunities and risk mitigation.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to other areas of the business, and support business development from a technical perspective.
- Assist the Regional Design & Engineering Manager in the production of technical management fees for projects. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of technical management costs, values, and programme forecasts, seeking opportunities to suggest actions which mitigate risk and maximise profitability.
- Support the Principal Technical manager in the identification, delivery and attendance of CPDs, ensuring that the development of design/technical team’s competence is maintained.
- Prepare monthly project reports for senior stakeholders, highlighting progress, risks, opportunities, and resource issues.
- Advise on commercial progress against plan, any variances from plan, and the corrective actions being taken. On external designs, take ownership of the completion of the responsibilities matrix, ensuring scope gaps are mitigated.
- Promote the design team and actively seek out new opportunities
- Communicate proactively with project stakeholders to improve our collaboration with operational teams.
- Conduct regular independent design/technical reviews, ensuring designs are technically correct and represent best value, and comply with all legal and contractual requirements.
- Apply current legislation regarding building regulations, standards, CDM, quality control, commissioning, safety & environmental issues.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- I.Eng, MCIBSE, MIET, B. Eng (Hons) or equivalent within electrical engineering
- Extensive experience of electrical building services design / technical management
- Operational experience on project installation
- Good understanding of design and build, and traditional construction contracts
- Significant experience of commercial management on design projects
- Strong communication skills
In return, we are offering a competitive package (circa £70,000) with a Car / Car allowance, 25 days annual leave, pension (up to 8%), medical and various further there on. All whilst joining a progressive company with ample opportunities for onward personal and professional development.
Interested? Click APPLY for further information and contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones for a confidential discussion.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.