We are looking to procure an experienced Transport Modeller to join a highways and transportation engineering consultancy based in Bristol.
They choose their clients and projects carefully, always ensuring they share the company values of integrity and passion whilst making commercial sense. They take key roles in the projects they work on to deliver the best quality outcome via the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
Their projects range from small housing developments to large expansions of towns and cities, working closely with major developers and Local Authorities. These client partnerships are at the heart of the business, ensuring ongoing continuity of work and most importantly enjoyment in what they do.
They are looking to hire and experienced Transport Modeller with an excellent command of VISSIM and MOVA to report into their Head of Transport. Working on a dedicated, top of the range modelling PC your role will include the following key responsibilities:
- VISSIM Modelling – Constructing, Calibrating and Validating models
- Organising Signal Times, Bus Routes, Traffic and Speed Surveys
- Preparation of Local Model Validation Reports
- Modelling with or without reports
- Origin Destination matrices
- Develop initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure, e.g. junction improvements or pedestrian priority schemes
- Write clear reports and present options and recommendations on transport systems to clients
- Use statistical analysis to examine travel data or accident records
- Evaluate the benefits and costs of different strategies
The main focus of the role will be to spearhead their VISSIM offering to clients and projects but the right candidate will also have the opportunity to win work as well as grow a small team should they wish to add this to their career.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience working as a Transport Modeller
- Excellent working knowledge of VISSIM and MOVA
- Experience working on Transport Models for Housing or Town redevelopments
- Relevant industry qualifications
The right candidate will benefit from a friendly and flexible working environment, excellent remuneration and a fantastic team around them
The please click APPLY to register your CV
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.