Hot of the press, Workshop Manager required! A leading business within Civil Engineering is looking to boost its management team and have someone to grow and manage the fleet maintenance business. You will come with experience of vehicle workshop management, P&l and staffing management, but also be someone who can implement their own ideas and help develop company growth. ( please note, a strong ability to business develop is going to be key to growing this role )
This is a fantastic business, likeable management with a big ideas and plans.
Key points to this excited now role, but not limited too;
- Working with Managing Director of the business to look at this part of the business, where over time you will have the authority to implement your own processes and procedures.
- Manage profit and loss of the Vehicle Workshop.
- Manage R+M contracts with various manufacturers, to carry out PMI’s on site.
- Management and coordination of down time with manufacturers.
- Commercially sell MOT and brake test lanes and build up outside customer base, build sales admin team for the MOT business and workshop, where required. Build contact list and use existing relationships to grow the business.
- Procurement of parts and consumables, buy down on parts and drive down costs and use within the company
- Create new systems in workshop to drive efficiency. Put in software suitable to efficiently and effectively manage the workshop operations.
- Management of Workshop team including lead tech’s, road tech’s and build team where required
- Complete management of PMI and MOT of all vehicles, including potentially bring all vehicles under 3.5T within the workshop, total fleet of nearing 200 vehicles
With this role comes market leading benefits and salary, but more importantly the chance to grow and develop an area of an outstanding business. ( please note, you must have CPC )
Please apply online or call Steve for more information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.