Workshop Manager (Fabrications) sought, Bridgwater. Girling Jones require a Workshop Manager to join the MEH Alliance working on the Hinkley Point C project. The key purpose of the role is to manage a team of skilled and semi skilled metal fabricators in the production and maintenance of equipment for the site.
Hinkley Point ‘C’ (HPC) is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the first of the UK’s next generation of Nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity. Its successful delivery will be reliant, not only on innovative engineering and construction, but also on the ability of the whole HPC team to work collaboratively and efficiently towards one shared milestone – Commercial Operation. NG Bailey are proud to be working as part of a Joint Venture on this exciting project.
The main duties will include:
- Ensure MEH Workshop activities are carried out safely, with best practice adopted.
- Ensure workshop maintains good housekeeping and high standards of cleanliness.
- Ensure delivery against the Integrated Works Schedule to provide work faces with required components and materials.
- Other support to delivery of the Programme objectives as identified by Site Construction Services Lead and others.
- Provide accurate, reliable reporting.
- Conduct Safety and Quality Audits, periodically
- Action recommendations from Lead and Construction team.
- Identification of risks, opportunities and threats.
- Accurate, up to date time keeping liaising between Supervision Discipline Lead and Project controls.
- Ensure that a full and auditable archive of project activities is maintained to document the project evolution, history and communicated to the relevant site team.
- Develop and implement processes and controls to effectively manage the day to day operations within the MEH workshop and workshop planning function.
- Ensure all Production activities are carried out in accordance with MEH safety targets and a zero harm basis.
- Ensure fabrication output to agreed KPIs & in accordance with the Integrated Works Schedule.
- Experience of production management of Carbon & Stainless fabrications in a regulated environment.
- High level of understanding of quality & quality improvement processes.
- Display strong leadership in the co-ordination of workshop output to meet client demand.
- Manufacturing Resource Planning experience required.
- Minimum HNC/HND (or Equivalent) in an Engineering based subject.
- Commercial awareness desirable.
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification (Managing Safely/General Cert) desirable.
- APM F/PQ desirable.
- Manufacturing Resource Planning software experience advantageous.
- Competitive wage of circa £65,000 – £70,000
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.