Girling Jones has been asked to source a structural technician, with a broad range of experience, to work in the Plymouth Office helping with projects in all aspects of construction with works over multi sectors including, leisure, high rise student accommodation, and commercial units. The ideal candidate will be competent in detailing in all materials (concrete, steel, masonry, and timber).
The ideal candidate will have a depth of knowledge of structures and understand how buildings go together. Previous knowledge of civils, drainage, and foundations would be beneficial. The majority of work is based in the southwest but due to the national clients the company work with, exposure to work on a larger scale in the further field is possible along with site visits. This consultancy has a strong reputation in the South West and with the variety of work they take on across structures and civils the volume of experience you can gain is unmatched.
The ideal candidate will;
- Qualified to degree level or HNC in Civil engineering.
- 5 years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Previous Revit experience would be beneficial however training will be provided.
- Motivated to progress career further.
- Understanding of Eurocodes.
- Autonomous working ability.