Building Surveyor – Bristol
I am on the hunt for a “Building Surveyor” to join one of my clients in their Bristol Office. Our client is established in the region delivering a mixed portfolio of projects to meet the needs of their clients. With offices across the UK, they pride themselves on an open office culture where hard work is rewarded and individual development is seen as key to the success of the team.
Working with long standing clients, you will be exposed to a depth and breadth of projects across all sectors, including commercial, retail, public sector/government departments, education, health and residential. They offer excellent experience and first class training/mentoring support to help you achieve professional status in which we have a very high success rate.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Providing expert advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of residential and commercial properties.
- Conduct thorough building, condition, and measured surveys to ensure comprehensive assessments.
- Take charge of on-site particulars, draft specifications, gather estimates, develop maintenance schedules, and oversee contracts for maintenance projects.
- Analyse and produce detailed reports on building defects, ensuring our clients are well-informed.
- Skillfully manage claims and negotiations with loss adjusters, ultimately leading to the preparation of precise drawings and specifications for remedial work.
- Prepare meticulous schedules of dilapidations for both land and buildings, demonstrating your attention to detail.
- Offer valuable advice related to planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, and more, contributing to informed decision-making.
The Ideal Candidate
- MRICS or willing to work towards Chartership
- Industry experience
- Experienced in the use of MS Office suite and programming software (MS Project or similar)
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days plus bank holidays & the ability to buy or sell
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme (3% Employee, 6% Employer)
- Private medical insurance
- Hybrid working
- Tailored career development plan