Due to ongoing business expansion, my client is seeking an experienced Senior Consultants or Environmental Consultants eager to advance their careers to join my client’s Environmental Claims Division. These roles present an exciting opportunity for an individual already established as a senior consultant or those aiming to progress within the industry.
You will join an established company that values its team of over 100 professionals spread across the UK and Ireland. They take pride in being an innovative market leader in environmental services, prioritizing core values such as Customer Commitment, Safety, Integrity, People First, and Collaboration. Our vision is to deliver the most customer-centric service in the UK and Ireland while fostering a positive team culture that promotes growth, success, trust, and well-being.
The primary focus of these roles involves semi-autonomous project management for environmental claims projects. This includes overseeing all aspects of fieldwork data gathering, risk assessment, and the preparation of factual and interpretive reports. The Regional Lead will supervise these roles, with support from the wider team.
• Efficiently manage environmental projects and incidents from start to finish.
• Interpret data and develop conceptual site models and environmental risk assessments.
• Design and execute robust, innovative, and tailored investigative and remedial schemes.
• Collect, log, and document fieldwork data and information.
• Produce technically sound and commercially focused proposals, scopes, and reports.
• Handle project budgeting, estimation, and invoicing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and targets.
• Maintain communication on technical and commercial matters with clients, regulators, and homeowners.
• Adhere to health, safety, and environmental best practices, rules, and procedures.
• Collaborate with internal Contract Managers, Technical Panel, and Specialist Team Members to successfully deliver environmental projects.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a relevant industry.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or natural science related discipline (e.g., Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering Geology, or Physical Geography).
- Proven experience in Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessment, including supervising ground investigation subcontractors.
- Previous experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments.
- Strong commercial awareness in project finances and risk management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong leadership, organizational, time-management, analytical, and numerical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and written skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients and the public.
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation.