We are currently seeking a skilled and creative Landscape Architect to join my clients’ team in Exeter. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing innovative and sustainable landscape designs that not only enhance the natural environment but also meet the diverse needs of clients and the community. This is a unique opportunity for a Landscape Architect to work on a variety of projects, ranging from public parks to urban developments, and contribute to the preservation and enhancement of Cornwall’s natural beauty and infrastructure.
Key requirements are:
- Passionate about design that puts the needs of people and nature first and with a genuine understanding of how places change and develop
- A flair for design, alongside technical robustness
- Enthusiasm for collaborative working, confidence, and good communication skills
- Exceptional at designing at different scales, from a bespoke park bench to a new urban quarter to far-reaching landscape strategies
- A qualification in landscape architecture, either working towards or achieved CMLI status, and practical experience within a consultancy environment
- Excellent graphic communication skills with an ability to produce illustrated renders
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and 3-D design packages (with a preference for Rhino and Revit)
- Good experience with all RIBA stages with a desire to progress to managing projects independently
- Experience of working with clients and multidisciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in landscape design, supported by a portfolio showcasing successful projects.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software, such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp.
- Strong knowledge of horticulture, environmental conservation, and sustainable landscape practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the capability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Membership in a relevant professional organization or association is preferred.