Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E / Building Services Engineering) sought, Plymouth. Girling Jones require a Senior Quantity Surveyor joining a team within Devonport Dockyards. We require a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor with strong NEC contract knowledge to join a national contractor delivering a considerable scheme in the Southwest.
Day to day,
- Providing commercial input, including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team, and ensuring business targets and KPIs are exceeded.
- Preparing monthly cost/value reports and commercial reports for the area, along with reviewing results and trends with other contract team members.
- Physically measuring works and agreeing on the same with clients and subcontractors.
- Agreeing on certification and payment of subcontractor’s accounts against forecasts.
- Maximizing cashflow, including ensuring timely receipt of payments.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Hold a degree or have equivalent in Quantity Surveying or commercial management.
- Relevant MEP / M&E commercial experience, ideally having utilised an NEC form of contract.
- Have confident IT skills and are proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In the ideal, a proven history of commercial management within a larger tier 1 contractor
In return? We are offering a competitive salary (up to £75,000 DoE) with a package as you’d assume of a large national contractor to include car / allowance, pensions, medical etc
Please be aware, given the nature of this role and the work at this site, you will be required to undergo a Government Security Check (SC) Clearance / Counter Terrorism Check (CTC).