I am looking for a “Senior Building Surveyor” to join a go-to independent professional construction consultancy delivering specialised services and expert advice to clients in the public and private sectors.
They take pride in offering a range of core services, including Employers Agent, Contract Administration, Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Building Surveying, and Principal Designer duties.
What sets them apart is their swift ascent to becoming one of the most respected and reliable Construction Consultants in the South West. With a team of over 50 skilled professionals spread across five offices, they bring expertise to every sector and discipline. Remarkably, over 80% of their workload comes from frameworks and repeat business.
The successful “Senior Building Surveyor” key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and present cost estimates
- Record and monitor cost trends
- Fulfil traditional Quantity Surveyor roles effectively
- Undertake a “Project Management” role to ensure smooth progress pre & post contract
- Create tender documentation and generate comprehensive tender reports
- Ensure all necessary documentation is in place for contract initiation and prepare contract documents
- Monitor Contractors’ performance in terms of time, quality, adherence to standards, and cost, providing detailed reports
- Convene, lead, and document progress meetings, both pre and post-contract.
- Prepare valuations, organise documentation, and report costs to the client, overseeing the completion of the final account.
- Manage, instruct, and report on changes/variations to the project.
- Oversee the completion of the scheme until handover, ensuring all required documentation is in order.
- Prepare and issue all necessary certifications.
- Manage the defects and final account process post-contract.
- Monitor fee stages, advising Directors when these are reached, and maintain commercial awareness.
- Ensure effective communication regarding Health and Safety (H&S) matters.
- Compile the Health and Safety File.
- Cultivate and strengthen client relationships.
- Undertake any additional responsibilities emerging from Building Survey projects.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful “Senior Building Surveyor” will:
- MRICS or willing to work towards Chartership
- Residential and commercial experience is desirable
- Holder of UK driving license
- Experienced in the use of MS Office
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage own workload
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills
What’s in it for you?
- Career progression pathway bespoke to each employee
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private medical insurance