Senior Quantity Surveyor
I am on the lookout for a “Senior Quantity Surveyor” to join one of my clients. They are a boutique powerhouse specialising in project management, cost consulting, and building surveying. Currently, they are managing a portfolio exceeding £500 million in projects nationwide. These projects span various sectors, including mixed-use developments, assisted living facilities, healthcare, residential, and commercial ventures.
If you’re ready to be part of a team that’s not just making waves but creating them, this is the place to be.
They are looking to attract an experienced “Senior Quantity Surveyor” to join an existing team in the Bristol office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Advising clients on programme, cost and procurement implications of projects for both public and private sector clients
- Supporting Junior Quantity Surveyors in their professional development
- Management of your own project portfolio
- Active involvement in the procurement, design and delivery of new build and refurbishment projects including mixed use, industrial, residential and commercial schemes
- Fee management and monitoring of job profitability
- Prepare cost advice in alignment with RICS guidance notes
- Prepare tender documentation and oversee the administration of tender processes
- Handle the preparation of contracts
- Take charge of post-contract cost management tasks, such as administering change control processes, valuing variations, and assessing contractor claims
- Efficiently compile post-contract cost reports and prepare final accounts
The Ideal Candidate
- MRICS qualified or willing to work towards Chartered status
- 5+ years experience in residential, industrial, education or health
- Experience working with JCT & NEC contracts preferred
- Excellent client facing skills
- Driven and motivated
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Have the ability to appeal to a varied client base
What’s in it for you?
- £55000 – £60000
- Bespoke development training plans
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Health & Wellbeing focus and support
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays