Associate Director of Estate Management and Valuation – Exeter
We are recruiting for a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
This is a specialist property and construction consultancy, providing expertise in architecture, surveying, building services engineering and strategic development across a wide range of projects. They work with both public and private sector clients and have a growing client base nationally.
They provide a full range of property and facilities managements services to the public and private sectors. Currently managing over 1500 assets for the City Council with their goal to be the FM provider of choice in South Wales and the West.
We are currently recruiting for a Associate Director of Estate Management and Valuation. Having secured the renewal of our Joint Venture contract with our primary client, Devon County Council, and rapidly becoming the ‘go to’ consultant for many Local Authorities and other clients, they have a strong and varied forward order book.
As Associate Director of Estates and Valuation you will be responsible for supporting senior management in managing property professional and technical staff specialising in the provision of estates management and valuation services.
You will provide inspirational leadership, management and direction in a manner consistent with the Group values, and ensure the effective day to day management and provide robust performance management of the team.
They adopt modern working practices. With a refreshed and modern open plan office on the outskirts of Exeter with very good access off the M5 corridor making for an easy commute. Equally they employ an agile and flexible working strategy allowing staff to work some days at home and flex their working patterns.
Our ideal candidate
We are ideally looking for a motivated, driven and inspirational General Practice Surveyor with at least 10 years private or public sector Estate Management and Valuation experience with some level of prior team leadership and management experience.
You will demonstrate your suitability through:
- Hold a Professional Chartered Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Have a good level of knowledge, understanding and experience of the Law of Compulsory Purchase, and the Land Compensation Act
- Have a good level of experience of delivering Local Authority Asset Valuations in accordance with the RICS, CIPFA and IFRS guidance and accounting standards.
- Have a good track record of bidding for and securing new programmes of work
- Excellent team leadership and management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and negotiate with all levels of internal and external parties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal support or within a large multi-disciplinary team
Whats in it for you?
- Salary £48,231 to £68,597
- Pension & private healthcare
- Paid Membership fee – RICS and RICS Registered Valuer costs.
- Annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
- Various rewards and discounted benefits.
This position is being offered on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday