Graduate Building Surveyor
Skills + Experience
Ideal candidates will have experience of working within a Surveying practice and have the proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Knowledge of the South West of England would be beneficial but is not essential.
The role will involve assisting in a wide range of commercial Building Surveying matters, working with both private and public sector clients.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled team of Chartered Building Surveyors with over 40 years of surveying experience combined, providing an excellent environment for the successful candidate to work towards becoming a chartered member of the RICS.
Graduate Building Surveyor Duties:
- Undertaking measured surveys;
- Preparation of CAD drawings, including floor plans, elevations and section details;
- Preparation of Schedules of Condition;
- Preparation of Schedules of Dilapidations;
- Defect investigation, analysis and repair advice;
- Working effectively with the team, assisting with various Building Surveying tasks.
Graduate Building Surveyor Requirements:
- RICS accredited Building Surveying degree;
- A keen interest in Sustainability and Energy Efficiency in buildings;
- An understanding of Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG);
- Proficient CAD skills;
- Strong IT skills including Word and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability and confidence to meet with clients and contractors;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Self motivated;
- Good time-management skills;
- Access to own vehicle and full UK Drivers Licence.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Private Healthcare