This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our progressive, award-winning Civil and Structural Engineering team delivering sustainable projects for our communities, planet and society.
We are looking for graduates with a passion for the built environment, and the desire to work in a highly collaborative multi-disciplinary team focused on sustainability, technical excellence and shaping construction in the UK and overseas.
Our projects will inspire you, build your confidence and enable you to take on the biggest challenges throughout your career. Here are some of our best recent projects.
What will your role involve?
You’ll be working with the support of your manager and senior colleagues as follows:
Project work at concept and scheme design, modelling, detailed design and specification and drawing
- Preparation of reports, providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
- Undertaking STEM engagement activities
- Liaising with internal and external team members, developing relationships and people skills
- Managing your own workload to meet project deadlines
- Engaging with the wider C&S division, the Technical leadership Team and Carbon Task Force to exchange best practice and processes and support on-going initiatives
- Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions
- Attending and contributing to project team meetings
- Attending site to undertake inspections and walkovers
- Developing commercial awareness by assisting with preparation of proposals/tenders for new work
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- A relevant degree, BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) or equivalent/higher.
- Humility, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills.
- To buy into Hydrock’s values and ethos
We are also keen to know if you can offer any of these attributes:
Sustainable urban drainage, biodiversity net gain, flood risk and nutrient neutrality knowledge, or an interest in these fields
- Digital engineering skills, including coding experience related to design automation or other digitisation improvements.
- Additional languages that you are fluent or able to apply professionally, as well as English
- Relevant under or post graduate industry experience
- Experience of relevant software tools e.g. AutoCAD, WinDES, PDS, Civil 3D, Infodrainage
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Student or Graduate Membership with the ICE and/or IStructE
What you can expect
- First class graduate development programme.
- Inspiring, supportive and motivated colleagues.
- Recognition, progression and reward.
- Competitive starting salary.
- 5% employer pension.
- Medicash plan.
- Life assurance.
- 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days).
- Day off for good causes (on a workday).
- Huge range of flexible benefits.
- Annual Challenge Day!