Mobile Authorised Person
Location: Based within the Cambridgeshire area / Bassingbourn & RAF Wyton
Working Hours: Full Time
Salary: Up to £42,000 company car and benefits
This Business has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
- We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Authorised Person who will have the prime responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of the MOD JSP375 Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Reporting into the Managing Authorised Person you will be assigned to a site but will be expected to be mobile and work within their area of expertise across the Central East area.
- This role will see you accept responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of JSP375 to support the effective and timely delivery of Additional Works, planned and response maintenance, reducing the number of corrective actions (CARs) raised and close existing CARs within agreed timescales.
- You will be required to assess the competence of Skilled Persons for appointment to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and review experience and performance regularly.
- You will also produce high quality Risk Assessments and Method Statements and, where required, issue safety programmes and Permits to Work and carry out Plant Room Inspections for all Sites you are responsible for
- As part of your role you will provide professional and technical support and advice to the operations site team, Supply Chain, DIO and end users, recording all tasks against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system (Maximo) and ensure all documentation relating to jobs is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Managing cost and stakeholder expectations through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Working with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Contribute to the delivery of and the production maintenance schedules IAW SFG20, Forward Additional Services Plan (FASP) and Statements of Need (SON) across the Service Delivery Area.
- Ensuring operations are delivered efficiently and economically to promote a profitable business
What you’ll need to do this role
- You will use your Significant practical experience of Safe Systems of Work including Management of the Operational Delivery of JSP375 to operate across multiple sites on own incentives with lite touch line management.
- This role will include Planning, directing and controlling activities so you will be have experience supervising site operations and managing staff in the appropriate disciplines.
- You will be someone with the ability work on your own initiative to solve problems and make decisions.
- As this role will require travel it is essential that you hold a clean, valid UK driving licence.
- This role will involve performing overtime when required to support the business and partake in area ‘out of hours on call’.
- It is desirable that you have experience of operating within either an MOD environment and have familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
You must be able to pass SC Clearance to be considered for this role.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 Days annual leave
- Volunteer leave
- Life Assurance Policy
- Employee discount and reward schemes
- Interesting, varied, and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution