Job ref: 429834
Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Plumber in Brecon Beacons.
- Act as the school’s Estates Engineer
- To perform plumbing skills to a professional standard
- To perform other installation and maintenance tasks involved in the efficient performance and running of the school.
- To work flexibly across a range of functions, including but not limited to administration and caretaking
Key Performance Areas
- Qualified/professional/experienced in Plumbing
- £27,000 Salary
- Monday – Friday 8.30-5 PM
- Complete Legionella prevention regulatory checks
- Health and safety maintenance
- Minor electrical repairs and maintenance;
- Carryout planned maintenance and repairs.
- Carryout day to day estates duties as directed by line manager.
- Occasionally work outside normal hours including weekends when required.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines.
- To be on an out of hours emergency call out list and attend to site emergencies when required.
- To carryout general manual handling duties
- To ensure that contractors work to statutory site health and safety requirements and that appropriate safeguarding measures are in place.
- To participate in the school’s staff appraisal system as appropriate
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- To present the best possible image of the school in general, and, in particular, in all contact and communications with the general public, visitors, parents, students, customers, suppliers and all other external organisations.
- To undertake training and staff development as needed and as determined by the school management.
- To undertake such other duties, commensurate with the post, which your managers, or other members of the Senior Management Team may reasonably and occasionally require, including working evenings and covering for absent colleagues
- Note: Performance of this role will require the employee to wear a uniform as determined by the school both in day-to-day activities and for school events.
- To act as steward for school events.
School Policies and Procedures
- To adhere to all School policies and procedures, especially those relating to Students, Health and Safety, Equality of Opportunity and Human Resources, and the Financial Regulations and Procedures.
- Be aware of the health and safety requirements within Estates and the school in general (see (i) Policy and Procedure on: Health, Safety and Welfare Policy Statement and (ii) Health and Safety Organisation documents available on the staff intranet)
- To report to the Estates Manager or action appropriately any concerns relating to health and safety
- Undertake safety checks and testing for legionella and any other as specified by the line manager.
- Undertake First-aider training and undertake First Aid duties as appropriate
Salary From: £
Salary To: £