Senior and Professional level Cost Managers /Senior Quantity Surveyors- Utilities, Highways & Transport
An established international consultancy is on the lookout for Senior Cost Managers/ Quantity Surveyors to join the business in Bristol.
Within their southwest region their infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. With the opportunity to move between sectors, building your experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
They are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
You will be a Senior Cost Manager within their UK Infrastructure business working on a variety of client projects and initiatives.
- Establishing friendly, professional and appropriate relationships with clients, colleagues and other parties involved in the projects and programmes we support.
- Administering a variety of contracts in accordance with project objectives and policies.
- Providing accurate project cost monitoring, forecasting and reporting to completion in line with budget.
- Pro-actively monitoring and managing cost variance and contract cash flow, and ensuring that applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables, KPIs, and objectives, including programme performance, cost control, and value engineering.
- Managing contract change effectively, ensuring that projects remain within governance and adopt best practice.
- Driving improvements in the accuracy of forecasts and budgets.
- Proactively providing sound commercial knowledge and support to all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Leading people and commissions as needed.
What we are looking for?
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
- Ideally Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
• Ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent.
• Excellent communication
• Contract Management (NEC3, Option A,C & E preferred)
• Cost Management
• Identifying and driving efficiencies and improvements through the project life cycle
• Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary banding based on experience
• Flexible working
• Training & development opportunities
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.